Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chaos & Order Out of Alignment


The night of January 14 I had one of the remarkably colorful, vivid and detailed dreams I sometimes have, almost a little mini movie really.

I keep these to myself as, let’s face it, most people just don’t care to hear the dreams of other people.

However as I now have a Blog with a theme of all things “wyrd” that almost no one reads, except by accident, I’m thinking, why not?

As it is with these sorts of dreams the part I remember seems to start somewhere in the middle, I assuming the earlier part being dreamed, but too early for me to me.

I and a number of people I don’t know are in what seems to be a luxury hotel that we cannot leave due to an ongoing worldwide disaster, gale force winds are blowing the world over and large never before seen insects are popping up to bother those taking shelter from those winds.

At the same time indistinct gray shadowy figures are appearing and taking random people off to do undescribed, but assuredly ghastly things to them.

Among the people in this hotel I don’t recognize (all of whom are in a general state of near hysteria) are two I do, they are Leslie Knope, the character played by Amy Poehler on Parks and Recreation, and Forrest Gump.

The appearance of these two seems to give me the clue I need that tells me the reason for the worldwide crisis, as I pronounce “it has nothing to do with good versus evil, it’s order versus chaos, they are out of alignment and unwilling to give into each other and blend at the proper time, until we get some corporation and stop all this partisan stubbornness things will only get worse.”

In answer to that statement the wind, as seen through the picture window in the hotel room he are taking shelter in, starts to blow harder with a display of trees, realty and arbitrary human figures being tossed about, at the same time a number of odd blue bugs, looking like a crosses between a fiddler crab and a scarab, commence to crawl under the door.  Which results in Leslie Knope organizing a “pick up some chairs and hit them” response, while this is going some of those shadowy gray figures show up and steal Forrest Gump away, they seem to come out of an otherwise solid corner of the room, and for just a moment one of them appears to be a semi-transparent Newt Gingrich, before going all indistinct and gray again.

I, not really caring for bugs in a big way, pursue on a rescue mission, as I go running and bouncing though the landscape which proceeds to toss uprooted mail boxes , library books (I knowing they are library books because of some dream sense) and small trees at me slowing me so the gray shadows and their captive elude me. 

As this is going on and I’m almost smashed in the head by said flying mailbox (one of those big blue kinds) another revelation comes to me “I see Leslie Knope is Order, and Forrest is Chaos, that’s why they don’t want them in the same room where they can cooperate and start a synthesis.”

Eventually I get to the place they have taken Forrest and see things have gone dire while I was looking for them. They have him hung up on a totem pole that along with glowing rather brightly seems to be at least three stories tall, a bonfire has been lit under his feet and he is being readied to be subjected to the “blood angel” torture of the Vikings, being vastly outnumbered I am at a loss as to what to do.

I wake up, not really caring to go back to that dream I make a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment